Are you tired of getting stuck in the traffic while getting to your Erasmus University in Poland? Or do you just enjoy cycling now because it’s sunny and warmer? Good news! You don’t need to own a bike to enjoy riding it 🙂
The city of Warsaw is most of the time crowded, especially during rush hours. In order to commute faster to your destination and also to reduce the pollution, it’s may be better to use public bikes. Luckily, there is a company called Veturilo from where you can rent bikes for very low prices. Their stations are everywhere in the city and the concept is simple:
1) Register on the website
, which has an English version and pay a minimal price of 10zl (this is the minimum amount you need to have on your account to use the bike)
2) Receive a pin code, which you have to save (you will use it every time when renting a bike)
3) When you want to rent a bike, you press the button “Rental/Return” on the terminal of the station and follow the instructions on the screen to have a bike unblocked.
*You can download the Veturilo application on your phone for a faster rental process without using the terminal. Just by scanning the QR code of the bike using the app, you can unblock it and use it.
The bikes are available in these stations 24/7. The first 20 minutes are for free! Therefore, what many students do, in order not to pay, is that they change the stations every 20 minutes! If you have a bike for more then 20 minutes, then the fares are:
- For the first hour:1z
- For the second hour: 3zl,
- For third hour: 5zl and for every additional hour is 2zl more.
*Remember to have minimum 10zl on you account, in order to rent the bike!
The air of Krakow is quite polluted. That is why, it would be good to be conscious about environment issues and take any action. On of them can be to use bicycles instead of public transport. There is a bike rental company called Wavelo with the same concept of Veturilo in Warsaw. Here you also need to register on the website
to receive the pin, which will be your ID to unblock the bikes. As for Veturilo bikes, when you finish your ride, you have to park it in any Wavelo station close by. There are different modes of payments:
- Monthly payment includes 60 minutes per day and costs 19zl per month. If you want to use it for 90 minutes per day, then the fare is 24zl/month.
- Pay as you go: 0.19zl/minute. If you like long rides, you can have the bike for 12 hours/day for 29zl. For those people who are super active, Wavelo has an offer “if you take the bike for 24 hours, you have additional 12 hours for free!”
If you want to rent a bicycle in Wroclaw, you should register in the website
of the WRM company and register following the same steps as for Veturilo. The pricing is slightly higher with always an initial fee of 10zl.
- For the first 20 minutes: it’s for free
- For the first hour: 2zl and then 4zl for every consecutive hour.
Such convenient bike rents do not only give you a chance to travel around Poland for a cheap price, but also help you to make a contribution in environment improvement!
If your Erasmus flat is not far from the university, bicycle can be a great idea to commute 🙂